HUTCHINSON MEMORIAL HUT

PEOPLE
1/1
The Hutchison Memorial Hut was built in 1954 with kind permission of the Trustees of the late Duke of Fife as a mountain refuge in Coire Etchachan. Funds were raised by friends of the late Dr A G Hutchison of Aberdeen, who was killed in a climbing accident in Pembrokeshire in 1949. The construction was carried out by builders from Aberdeen with assistance in transport of materials etc from members of local climbing clubs and others. The bothy is maintained by the brilliant Mountain Bothy Association.
 
The inscription on a plague near the door, from Samuel Taylor Coleridge's poem to Nature, is very moving. Or that might be the welcome relief to reach the hut after laboring up, or careering down to it. 
  • Google+ Basic Black
  • Twitter Basic Black
  • Facebook Basic Black